Assistant Product Developer – Bolton, ON
June 15, 2017
Sardo Foods is a privately held company with more than 40 years of experience, manufacturing, sales and national distribution. Sardo Foods produces over 200 traditional and innovative product lines for both Retail and Food Service. We are committed to redefining the way Canadians eat.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment and likes to be challenged in trending markets. If you are that person you may be a perfect fit for our growing team. Assistant Product Developer – Bolton, ONFull Time
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Product Developer that will be responsible for developing new formulas and improving existing products. The incumbent will also be required to manage project timelines and responsibilities.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- With guidance develop and/or improve formulas and products by creating culinary prototypes, analyzing products/prototypes to determine specifications, preparing kitchen batches (small-scale trial) and special batches (large-scale trial).
- Ensure that contingency plans are in place and supervise initial plant runs by making recommendations to manufacturing or modifying procedures.
Project Coordination and Management
- Conduct research by utilizing various resources (i.e. internet, corporate chef, product developers) to determine product specifications.
- Communicate and coordinate with various departments (Marketing, Sales, Purchasing, Packaging, Regulatory) to ensure timely product launch through ongoing updates and timelines.
- Participate with business teams to recommend new or improved product/process ideas and to determine project rationale, timelines and challenges.
- Deliver timely, accurate and complete project documentation including:
- Kitchen batch documentation.
- Special batch formulas and procedures.
- Written & approved ingredient specifications.
- Inspection summaries & reports.
- Departmental & project related reports/summaries/status updates.
- Sales support documentation.
Sales & Customer Meetings
- May be required to prepare & conduct presentations to the company’s Sales department & external customers to provide technical expertise (ingredient, nutritional, culinary, & operational information) as it relates to product design & implementation into manufacturing.
The job will be full time, with hours to be worked between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday to Friday.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- University degree related to Science or Engineering.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of work experience in the food industry.
- In depth understanding of Product Development processes.
- Skill set to include priority setting, multi-tasking and strong communication skills.
- Culinary experience would be considered an asset.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.comWhile we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.