Production Manager – Bolton, ON
June 15, 2017
Sardo Foods is a privately held company with more than 40 years of experience, manufacturing, sales and national distribution. Sardo Foods produces over 200 traditional and innovative product lines for both Retail and Food Service. We are committed to redefining the way Canadians eat.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment and likes to be challenged in trending markets. If you are that person you may be a perfect fit for our growing team.
Production Manager – Bolton, ONFull Time
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Production Manager who will be responsible for coordinating and supervising day-to-day plant production operations. This includes, but is not limited to, organizing and assigning work to shop floor personnel, instructing, guiding, and assisting employees in the attainment of production and quality goals/standards, developing and mentoring team members, and driving safety performance results that meet and/or exceed company goal and targets
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that quality production standards are followed and maintained while monitoring production, inventory, safety, maintenance, and sanitation programs.
- Ensuring that employees adhere to HACCP, CFIA, FDA and safety regulations while complying with company and customer policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that safe conditions exist at all times within the work environment and take appropriate actions to protect the health and safety of the employees.
- Providing leadership, direction, guidance and support to production personnel while training and monitoring them on proper work procedures.
- Delegating work assignments based on the production schedule and customer requirements while assuring that employees are at maximum productivity.
- Documenting departmental performance metrics including errors per employee and employee productivity.
- Preparing administrative reports as required.
- Liaising with Human Resources department on matters of labour, discipline and enforcement of company procedures and policies.
The ideal candidate will be confident and will possess the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- A Diploma/Degree from an accredited post-secondary institution (Food Sciences or Operations would be an asset)
- A minimum of 5 years of prior supervisory experience in a production-manufacturing environment, preferably within food manufacturing
- Knowledge of Food Safety, Safety Programs/Systems HAACP, GMPs etc. Sanitation and Plant Maintenance.
- Demonstrates ability to work with and understand production scheduling systems.
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office), analytical and organization skills.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks without losing focus on priorities.
- Superior listening, interpersonal and communication skills including excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Disciplined, consistent, hardworking and a hands-on work ethic with creative problem solving skills.
- Must have strong and effective leadership skills, and the ability to successfully manage a staff of 30+ hourly employees.
- Understands union culture and experienced working with a unionized environment. Cultural sensitivity is also required.
- Must have the ability to train and provide positive and negative feedback to employees on a daily basis.
Please note that this Job Description is not intended to be all-inclusive. You may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.