Quality Assurance Manager – Bolton, ON
June 15, 2017
Sardo Foods is a privately held company with more than 40 years of experience, manufacturing, sales and national distribution. Sardo Foods produces over 200 traditional and innovative product lines for both Retail and Food Service. We are committed to redefining the way Canadians eat.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment and likes to be challenged in trending markets. If you are that person you may be a perfect fit for our growing team.
Quality Assurance Manager – Bolton, ONFull Time
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Quality Assurance Manager to lead our QA Team in ensuring the consistent quality of production by developing and enforcing good automated manufacturing practices and systems.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Establishing, validating and monitoring QA procedures, programs and action plans that comply with company and customer product SOPs, standards, specifications and production processes.
- Providing leadership and supervision to the QA Team while monitoring performance and providing training, re-training and coaching where required (SOPs, GMP and SQF).
- Maintaining and improving product quality through the collaboration with other members of management to develop new product designs and manufacturing and training methods.
- Leading the preparation and completion of audits (SQF, Key Customers), determining system improvements and implementing change.
- Supporting Food Safety by maintaining and updating HACCP, sanitation and preventative maintenance programs.
- Conducting nutritional fact analysis, shelf life study, and label approval for new or modified products according to CFIA and USDA requirements.
- Preparing documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information.Developing key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure performance of QA systems and procedures.
- Developing good relationships with key suppliers specifying quality requirements of raw materials.
- Developing and implementing effective corrective actions for customer complaints and internal areas of concerns.
- The ideal candidate will be confident and will possess the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- B. Sc., ideally in food science or engineering.
- 5+ years experience in Food Safety, Quality Assurance and Regulatory in a confectionery or food-processing environment.
- Formal training and/or certification in Quality systems such as global standards, HACCP, GMP, Internal and External Audit, Food legislation, labelling or any other related food safety programs are a definite asset.
- Strong practical knowledge of Quality systems such as Safe Quality Food, British Retail Consortium , International Food Safety, Food Safety System Certification 22000, or Global GAP.
- Strong communication, people management and leadership skills (experienced managing other individuals).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools such as MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Ability to work effectively in a teamwork environment and with management ranks.
- Strong planning, process improvement, problem solving and organizational skills
Please note that this Job Description is not intended to be all-inclusive. You may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.