Swap classic tomato sauce on your pasta for the refreshing, nutty taste of basil pesto. Quick to prepare and packed with flavour the whole family can enjoy, our savoury basil pesto delivers a gourmet twist to the traditional for the perfect light summer meal. From penne to linguine, it works well on a variety of pasta types for a custom dish every time.
- 2 ½ tbsp Sardo Basil Pesto
- 1 pkg short-cut pasta
- Grated or shaved Parmesan cheese to taste
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the pasta and cook according to the package directions.
- Drain pasta, then place in a large serving bowl.
- Pour in pesto and toss until the pasta is coated.
- Add Parmesan cheese.
- Garnish with basil leaves and serve.
Tip: The pesto must never be heated otherwise the basil darkens.