Are you looking for an appetizer that goes above and beyond the common sight of a shrimp cocktail ring and marinara sauce? Start your party off right with the delicious combination of sautéed shrimp and pesto dipping sauce. Your guests will praise your creativity and culinary insight when they feast their eyes and tuck their forks into this elaborate take on the classic shrimp appetizer.
- 1 lb (26-30 pcs) large raw shrimp
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tbsp EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 pkg Sardo Basil Pesto
- Lemon wedge for garnish, if desired
- In a frying pan, add 4 tbsp of oil and simmer over medium heat.
- Add shrimp, salt and parsley to the pan, then sautée until shrimp redden. Remove from heat.
- Place as many evenly spaced dollops of basil pesto as you can on your platter, along with a slice of lemon garnish.
- Place a shrimp on top of each dollop and serve.
- Garnish with lemon wedges if desired.