Indulge in a healthful salad that’s high in protein, refreshing and flavourful. This superfood recipe is sure to keep you satisfied and energized with its medley of grilled vegetables, Kalamata olives, sundried tomatoes, kale and chickpeas. Dressed in a tangy balsamic vinaigrette and you have a match made in heaven.
- 1 bunch fresh green or black kale (washed and thick steam removed)
- ½ red, green or yellow pepper (seeds removed)
- ½ zucchini cut into thick slices
- ½ red onion
- 1 cup Sardo Foods Kalamata Olives
- ½ cup Sardo Foods Sundried Tomatoes
- ¼ crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 tbsp. each red and green jalapeno peppers thinly sliced (optional)
Ingredients for Dressing
- ½ cup EVOO (Extra-Virgin Olive Oil)
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 close crushed fresh garlic
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tbsp. apple cider or white balsamic vinegar
- Preheat grill pan and spray or brush with a little olive oil. Place veggies on grill and cook until slightly softened and grill marks form (7 to 8 min). Remove.
- Cut veggies into thin slices and set aside.
- Place kale on serving plate and top with grilled veggies and all remaining ingredients.
- In separate bowl, combine all dress dressing ingredients. Whisk together.
- Combine all ingredients in a container and shake well. Pour on salad and mix well, adding more sea salt to taste.