Inspired by the tastes of our green olives, this recipe is winning over hearts (and palates). The rich and creamy hummus is served best with vegetables, sliced bread or baked chips and makes for a show-stopping appetizer. It’s also great for late-night snacking and entertaining guests.
- 1 ½ cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 avocado peeled and pit removed
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 ½ cups pitted green Sardo Foods Olives
- 2 tbsp. tahini
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves (about 4 to 5)
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ¼ cup EVOO
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or high-speed blender and purée until fairly smooth. Serve with assorted crackers and fresh veggies.
Tip: Use this smooth dip in sandwiches as a substitute for mayonnaise.