Our all-star, easy-to-follow pasta recipe will have your taste buds dancing! The cherry tomatoes cook long enough to release their juicy goodness, which blend exquisitely with the garlic-flavoured olive oil. This delicious dish combines sundried black olives and fresh basil for a beautifully simple and easy addition to the table.
- 1 pkg spaghetti or penne
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes (rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup Sardo Sundried Black Olives
- 2 large cloves minced garlic
- ¼ cup EVOO (Extra-Virgin Olive Oil)
- 4 fresh basil leaves (chopped)
- Chili flakes to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese to taste
- In a large skillet, add olive oil and garlic and cook until golden (do not burn).
- Fill a large pot 3/4 full with water and bring it to a boil.
- Add 2 tbsp of salt to the water.
- Add cherry tomatoes and a half full ladle of boiling water to your skillet.
- Stir and cover with a lid for about 5 to 6 minutes until tomatoes start to soften.
- Add chopped basil leaves and olives, then cook for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn off the skillet heat and set it aside.
- Cook pasta according to directions on the package.
- Drain and add to the tomatoes and olives mixture, tossing to combine.
- Sprinkle with chili flakes and serve with fresh grated cheese, if desired.
Tip: Pair with a dry Italian white, such as Pinot Grigio or Soave.