Who knew how well fennel’s licorice notes would pair with savoury sundried black olives? This dish boasts a bold flavour that is sure to bring compliments to the chef.
- 4 fennel bulbs
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- ½ cup red peppers, chopped
- 250 mL Sardo Pitted Sundried Black Olives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Cut each fennel lengthwise into 8 wedges with core attached to each wedge.
- Combine fennel, garlic, rosemary, and peppers in a large bowl.
- Drain oil from sundried black olives and reserve for seasoning to drizzle.
- Spread fennel mixture on baking sheet, then drizzle with seasoning and bake for 15 min, turn mid-way.
- Add sundried black olives over fennel, continue baking for 5 min.
- Remove from oven and place in serving dish.
Tip: This dish is great for sharing. Place it in the centre of the table with serving forks and let your guests help themselves.