You need these Olive + Brie Puff Pastry Rolls in your life. They are simple, tasty and will earn you some major kitchen cred. Stop what you’re doing and watch my reel on how to make these. Recipe is found below ⬇️
·1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
·3 tbsp olive oil
·½ cup kalamata olives, roughly chopped
·zest of half a lemon, peeled thick with vegetable peeler
·zest of half an orange, peeled thick with vegetable peeler
·3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
·¼ tsp fennel seeds
·1 cayenne pepper, thinly sliced (or ¼ tsp chili flakes)
·2 tbsp honey, divided
·6 ounces brie cheese, thinly sliced
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment pepper.
2. Heat oil, fennel seed, pepper, garlic, zest and olives in a small pot over low heat. Cook, swirling occasionally, until you start to hear and see the garlic and spices sizzle, 5 to 8 minutes. (Watch carefully). Keep cooking at the lowest heat possible until the spices are toasted and the garlic is golden brown, another 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and discard the lemon and orange zest slices. Stir in 1 tbsp honey and set aside.
3. Unroll the puff pastry on a clean work surface. Spread olive mixture evenly over puff pastry. A brush works well to spread the oil. Evenly distribute brie evenly over the pastry.
4. Roll the pastry up as tightly as possible. If there is any remaining oil brush the roll with it. Using a sharp knife, cut into 8 rolls.
5. Place on the prepared baking sheet and bake 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and the pastry is golden. Top with remaining honey, flakey sea salt and lemon zest. Serve immediately. You can find these and more delicious recipes @myprairiepantry ...