Website Sardo Foods
Sardo Foods is a family owned and operated company with more than 50 years of experience in manufacturing, sales and national distribution. We produce over 200 traditional and innovative product lines for both Retail and Food Service with a commitment to redefining the way Canadians eat. Sardo Foods is one of Canada’s largest private label suppliers and manufacturers of fine Mediterranean-grown olives and antipasti.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment and likes to be challenged in trending markets. If you are that person, you may be a perfect fit for our growing team.
Lead Production Supervisor – Bolton, ON
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Lead Production Supervisor who will be responsible for coordinating and supervising day-to-day plant production operations. Reporting to the General Manager, you will organize and assign work to plant personnel, supervise employees in the attainment of production and quality goals/standards and drive safety performance results that meet and/or exceed company goal and targets
This is a “hands-on” position supervising a variety of production activities that requires high attention to detail, effective planning, excellent time-management and strong problem-solving skills.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure that quality production standards are followed and maintained while monitoring production, inventory, safety, maintenance, and sanitation programs.
- Supervise manufacturing operations to meet production schedules while maintaining effective employee relations and complying with GMP, Food Safety, Food Quality and Health & Safety regulatory requirements.
- Effectively plan and manage all temporary staffing to meet production requirements
- Successfully manage a team of Line Supervisors and 40+ hourly employees
- Provide leadership, direction, guidance and support to production personnel while training and monitoring them on proper work procedures.
- Delegate work assignments based on the production schedule and customer requirements while assuring that employees are at maximum productivity.
- Maintain employee compliance to HACCP, CFIA, FDA, all safety regulations and to company and customer policies and procedures.
- Communicate and work effectively with Quality Assurance and liaise with Maintenance regarding any equipment issues
- Prepare administrative reports as required.
- Liaise with Human Resources department on matters of labour, discipline and enforcement of Company procedures and policies
The ideal candidate will be confident and will possess the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- A Diploma/Degree from an accredited post-secondary institution in Food Sciences or Operations Management
- A minimum of 5 years of prior supervisory experience in a HACCP and SQF regulated food processing environment
- Strong knowledge of Food Safety, Safety Programs/Systems HAACP, GMPs etc. Sanitation and Plant Maintenance.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and understand production scheduling systems.
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office), analytical and organization skills.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks without losing focus on priorities.
- Superior listening, interpersonal and communication skills including excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Disciplined, consistent, hardworking and a hands-on work ethic with creative problem solving skills.
- Must have strong and effective leadership skills, and the ability to successfully manage a staff of 40+ hourly employees.
- Understands union culture and experienced working with a unionized environment.
- Must have the ability to train and provide positive and negative feedback to employees on a daily basis.
Please note that this Job Description is not intended to be all-inclusive. You may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sardo Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. Accommodations for disabilities will be provided, on request, to support a job applicant’s participation in any aspect of the recruitment process.
Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com