Sardo Foods is a family owned and operated company with more than 50 years of experience in manufacturing, sales and national distribution. We produce over 200 traditional and innovative product lines for both Retail and Food Service with a commitment to redefining the way Canadians eat. Sardo Foods is one of Canada’s largest private label suppliers and manufacturers of fine Mediterranean-grown olives and antipasti.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with a strong focus on meeting high quality standards. If you are that person, you may be a perfect fit for our team.
Licensed Shipper/Receiver – Bolton, ON
We currently have a full-time opportunity for a Licensed Shipper/Receiver. In this position, you will be responsible for ensuring the accurate and seamless processing of incoming and outgoing shipments. The Shipper/Receiver is responsible for safely and efficiently navigating the warehouse with a forklift to move product and materials as required. This includes monitoring and supplying production lines with raw materials and packaging, transporting full goods, loading materials to and from designated storage areas such as rack and shelves, picking/processing customer orders and completing and/or assisting in other material handling activities as required.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Safely operate a counterbalanced (electric) forklift or standup electric pallet jack to manually load and unload materials from pallets, skids, platforms and trucks and place in correct areas
- Pick and packing of all assigned orders
- Accurate and full completion of all required paperwork
- Responsible for accurately selecting, palletizing, shrink wrapping, staging, loading customer orders and verifying product shipments and inventory materials received
- Use industrial motorized equipment to efficiently move raw, in-process and finished goods (including product drums and pallets of glass containers) from staging and/or storage areas to appropriate production work areas
- Responsible for safely and competently navigating the warehouse with a forklift and other material handling equipment
- Quality control to ensure accuracy of put-aways and proper securement of product
- Rotate stock and conduct inventory cycle counts as required
- Report discrepancies to immediate supervisor
- Complete daily maintenance check on the equipment and reports issues/problems to Manager
- Comply with all Health and Safety regulations, Food Safety practices, GMP policies and procedures and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements
- Other duties as required
- High school diploma or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a forklift operator in a warehousing or distribution environment
- Previous experience working in Shipping/Receiving and order picking is required
- Forklift Safety Training certificate – valid Counterbalance, Electric Lift Truck license
- Must be able to regularly load and unload product of moderate to heavy weight (up to 50 lbs)
- Proven ability to comprehend and follow direction quickly
- Ability to read, write and communicate fluently in English
- Able to work in collaboration with others
- An attitude that is hard working and eager to learn
- A commitment to punctuality and dependability
- Able to work in a cold and refrigerated environment
- Knowledge of safe work practices
Hours: Monday to Friday – 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com
Sardo Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. Accommodations for disabilities will be provided, on request, to support a job applicant’s participation in any aspect of the recruitment process.
Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit sardofoods.com.