Sardo Foods is a family owned and operated company with more than 50 years of experience in manufacturing, sales and national distribution. We produce over 200 traditional and innovative product lines for both Retail and Food Service with a commitment to redefining the way Canadians eat. Sardo Foods is one of Canada’s largest private label suppliers and manufacturers of fine Mediterranean-grown olives and antipasti.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with a strong focus on meeting high quality standards. If you are that person, you may be a perfect fit for our team.
Quality Assurance Manager – Bolton, ON
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Quality Assurance Manager to lead our QA Team ensuring the consistent quality of production by developing and enforcing good manufacturing practices and quality and food safety systems.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead the implementation and maintenance of a Quality System based on SQF requirements
- Perform and/or supervise through subordinates, all functions associated with the continuous delivery of the Food safety and Quality programs at the facility
- Establish, validate and monitor QA procedures, programs and action plans that comply with company and customer product SOPs, standards, specifications and production process
- Adhere to and promote the Company’s Good Manufacturing Practices, General Safety Guidelines and General Quality Control Guidelines
- Design, implement and manage employee training programs, including GMP, Food Defense and Food Security, HACCP training
- Provide leadership and supervision to the QA Team while monitoring performance and providing training, re-training and coaching where required (SOPs, GMP and SQF)
- Lead the preparation and completion of internal and third-party audits, determine system improvements and implement changes as required
- Manage and maintain compliance to all regulatory product labelling requirements (ingredients, nutritional, allergens)
- Prepare documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information on quality assurance activities, trends and indicators
- Develop and implement effective corrective actions for customer complaints, food safety and non-conformities
- Other duties as required
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Food Science, Food Safety, Microbiology or Chemistry
- 4+ years’ experience in Food Safety, Quality Assurance and Regulatory in a confectionery or food-processing environment
- Formal training and/or certification in Quality systems such as global standards, HACCP, GMP, Internal and External Audit, Food legislation, labelling or any other related food safety programs are a definite asset
- Certifications required: PCQI, SQF, HACCP
- Strong practical knowledge of Quality systems such as Safe Quality Food, British Retail Consortium, GFSI, International Food Safety, Food Safety System Certification 22000 or Global GAP
- Excellent communication, people management and leadership skills (experience managing other individuals)
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
- Fluency in French considered an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools such as MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work effectively in a teamwork environment and with management ranks
- Strong planning, process improvement, problem-solving and organizational skills
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 7:30am-4pm
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com
Sardo Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. Accommodations for disabilities will be provided, on request, to support a job applicant’s participation in any aspect of the recruitment process.
Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org