Sardo Foods is a family owned and operated company with more than 50 years of experience in manufacturing, sales and national distribution. We produce over 200 traditional and innovative product lines for both Retail and Food Service with a commitment to redefining the way Canadians eat. Sardo Foods is one of Canada’s largest private label suppliers and manufacturers of fine Mediterranean-grown olives and antipasti.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with a strong focus on meeting high quality standards. If you are that person, you may be a perfect fit for our team.
Warehouse Delivery Driver – Bolton, ON
We currently have a full-time opportunity for a Warehouse Deliver Driver. In this position, you will be responsible for the safe and secure transportation and delivery of finished products to various customers within Ontario and pick-up from suppliers as required.
Roles and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be able to work with minimal supervision and will be responsible for:
• Delivery of general palletized and non-palletized freight to customers and/or pick-up from suppliers
• Perform pre-trip inspection of vehicle
• Responsible for establishing and maintaining good relationships with customers by providing courteous, efficient and professional delivery service in a safe and timely manner
• Accurate and full completion of all required paperwork
• Plan travel schedules and routes utilizing maps and/or other trip planning aids
• Operate vehicle in a safe manner, obeying all rules of the road
• Comply with all company policies and procedures regarding the delivery/pick-up of goods
• Record information on pick-ups and deliveries, vehicle mileage, fuel costs and any problems encountered
• Assist in loading and unloading of vehicle
• Perform periodic inspections before, during, and after delivery to ensure that load is properly fastened down and is secure
• Complete all necessary paperwork at the end of the shift. May include, but not limited to, daily logs, inspection logs, delivery receipts, vehicle inspection, hours of service, etc.
• Work closely with Shipping/Receiving Departments, Order Desk Admin and Warehouse Manager on clarification of paperwork, customer orders, shipment details, etc.
• Comply with all Health and Safety regulations, Food Safety practices and GMP policies and procedures
• High school diploma or equivalent experience
• Minimum 1-year delivery driver experience
• Valid DZ Driver’s Licence
• Clean driving record – must provide abstract pulled within last 30 days
• Must be able to regularly load and unload product of moderate to heavy weight (up to 80 lbs)
• Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Excellent customer service skills with a positive attitude
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal
• Able to work in collaboration with others
• An attitude that is hard working and eager to learn
• A commitment to punctuality and dependability
• Knowledge of safe work practices
Hours: Monday to Friday – 6:30 am to 4 pm
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com
Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Sardo Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. Accommodations for disabilities will be provided, on request, to support a job applicant’s participation in any aspect of the recruitment process.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org