Elevate the beloved hors d’oeuvres with a crowd-pleasing black olive tapenade that is as delicious as it is versatile. Accompany the zesty spread with romaine lettuce and mozzarella for a mild and sweet treat, or try arugula and sharp cheddar for an instant punch of flavour on your taste buds.
- ¾ cup Sardo Gourmet Black Olive Tapenade
- 1 baguette cut into ½” slices
- 1 cucumber slice or lettuce leaf per baguette slice
- 1 pkg cheddar cheese, sliced
- Fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 350ºF/175ºC. Place baguette slices on a large baking sheet and bake until golden, approximately 10 minutes.
- Add sliced cheddar to slices and place in oven.
- Place a cucumber slice or lettuce leaf on each baguette slice, once melted.
- Spread a dollop of black olive tapenade on baguette.
- Garnish with basil leaf.