A fresh, no cook ‘sauce’ of antipasto condiments that makes for an easy-peasy pasta! This is one of those recipes that you can totally make your own. If you don’t like one of the ingredients, just double up on one of the others. The ingredients are for one, but it’s an easy transition to two, three, four, or more – simple math!
- 1 tbsp Gourmet Collection Sundried Tomatoes Julienne, drained well
- 1 tbsp Sardo Pitted Kalamata Olives, drained well
- 2 Sardo Seasoned Artichoke Hearts, drained well
- 1 Sardo Sweet Fire Roasted Pepper, drained well
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp Sardo PurOliva Oil
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 lb long-cut pasta
- Set water to boil for the pasta: prepare pasta as per instructions.
- While the pasta is boiling, combine all the ingredients in a small food processor or blender.
- Whir to a medium rough chop. Don’t go too fine- you will lose the flavours, and it will get all muddy.
- Drain the pasta, reserving some of the pasta water to help the ‘sauce’ spread and cling to the pasta.
- Place the pasta in a bowl and add the ‘sauce’. Toss, adding water if necessary to help it out.
- Garnish with extra parsley, parmesan cheese and more lemon zest if desired.
- If you like heat, sprinkle on some hot chili flakes if desired!
Tip: No need to season with salt and pepper – the antipasti are already well seasoned!
Recipe and photo by:
Freelance Recipe Developer, Baker, Cook
The Lemon Apron www.thelemonapron.com